Going to the dentist can be a bit unnerving for many people. In the event that you relocate to a new area or your dentist leaves, you will have to strike out on your own to find a new one and that can seem even more daunting. However, with these helpful tips, finding the right dentist will be a little easier!
- Referrals – Ask people that you trust if they have any suggestions. Co-workers, friends, family, your doctor would all be good people to talk to when beginning your search.
- Hygiene department – Your soft tissue (gum) health is incredibly important to your overall health, make sure you choose a practice with well-trained dental hygienists that allow adequate time for your regular professional cleans.
- Services – Make sure the dentist offers the service you may need. For example, some dentists offer sedation, orthodontics, periodontics and some just practice general dentistry.
- Safety – Do not be afraid to ask the clinical staff as to what infection control methods they use for sanitation and disease control throughout the office. Ask if they have been through the Accreditation process!
- Modern – Is the establishment state- of- the- art with innovative technology to provide you with the most up to date facilities? Does the Dentist and his staff continue their education staying abreast of all the new tools and procedures?
- Patient Responsibility – Inquire as to what the organisations policies are as far as cancelling or failing to attend appointments and preferred methods of payment, etc.
- Staffing – The type of staff a dentist keeps is almost as important as the dentist himself. The staff should be friendly, kind, compassionate and understanding of the anxiety many feel while visiting the dentist.
Once you have determined all of these things and others that may be important to you, you are all set to choose your dentist and be well on your way to improved oral health!
We, at Sure Dental, would love to welcome you to our amazing practice and assure you that we will take exceptional care of you.
To book an appointment at Sure Dental, please take a moment to fill out our online Appointment Form or phone us on 07 3256 9111.